1. What information do we collect?
We collect personal information (including demographic and personal profile data) as volunteered by you in registration forms, subscriptions, campaigns and e-actions. However, you can access our web site without disclosing any of your personal data. Outset also collects the following (non-identifying) information:
→ the internet domain and IP addresses from which you access the website
→ the type of browser (for example Internet Explorer or Firefox)
→ the operating system you use (for example, Windows, Macintosh)
→ the date and time of your visit
→ the pages you access
When you visit any website, normally behind the scenes a web site will create little files on your computer called Cookies. These files help enhance your user experience but hold certain snippets of information that help you when you use the website. Outset stores a small number of Cookies and we’d like to ensure you’re fully aware of what cookies are stored from our site.
What we don’t store
We don’t ask you to log in to the site, we do not store profile information about you such as age, gender, etc. When you complete forms on our website, this information is not stored in a Cookie but in our database.
What we do store
We do track your visit to our website using a tracking code from Google Analytics. This includes information about your browser, where you’ve come from and/or any website that has referred you to us. We use this information to provide a better experience for you when we come to release new features, etc. We may also embed YouTube videos into our website – YouTube will create cookies for these videos and are listed below.
This is a list of Cookies used on the Outset website.
The following websites provide more information about Cookies, how to block them and their usage:
2. How is your information used?
Outset uses the information to help us understand more about how supporters use our site and to make improvements. We also use the information for marketing purposes such as sending you e-newsletters and updates.
3. Does Outset share your information?
The information you provide will not be sold or rented, nor will it be shared with third parties unless we have your permission, are required to disclose the information by law, or in the following circumstances:
→ Outset may share your personal information with its affiliates and linked organizations, who may then use your personal information in connection with their activities. These are:
Our affiliates: Outset Bristol, Outset Torbay, Outset Cornwall, Outset Plymouth, Outset Norfolk, Outset TV, Outset Finance.
4. How secure is the information you give us?
Outset uses industry standard efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information, such as firewalls. We make every effort to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure.
5. How do you opt out of receiving messages from Outset?
We do not send out random, untargeted emails (spam). Any emails we send you will enable you to opt-out of receiving further emails from us.
6. How can you find out more about your rights under the Data Protection Act?
The collection and use of personal information on this site is in accordance with the Data Protection Act of 1998 (UK). The DPA applies to all data held within the European Economic Area (EEA). More information can be found at the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Terms and Conditions of Use
Use of this site is provided by Outset subject to the following Terms and Conditions.
1. Your access and/or use of the Website constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as at the date of your first use of the website.
2. Outset reserves the rights to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of the website after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as modified. You should therefore review these Terms and Conditions regularly.
3. You agree to use the website only for lawful purposes, and in a matter which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhabit the use and enjoyment of the website by any third party.
4. The website and the information, names, images, pictures, trademarks regarding or relating to Outset are provided “as is” without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. To the extent permitted by law, Outset excludes all liability for any loss or damages including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or damages, or any loss or damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the website, whether in contract or in negligence. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits or excludes Outset’s liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence, fraud, or any liability which cannot be excluded to applicable law.
5. Outset does not warrant that the functions and materials contained in the website will be: uninterrupted or error free; that defects will be corrected; that the website, or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs; or represent the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials.
6. All intellectual property in the website and the material or information it contains (including without limitation copyright, designs, database rights and trademarks (registered or unregistered) is and shall remain the property of Outset or its third party licensors.
7. Commercial use or publication of all or any item displayed is strictly prohibited without authorization from Outset. Nothing contained in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed as conferring any licence by Outset to use any item displayed.
8. Materials in the website may be copied for personal use only on the condition that all copyright notices and source indications are also reproduced, no modifications are made and each relevant item is copied in its entirety. However, some materials have been published on the website with the permission of the relevant copyright owners (who are not Outset). All rights are reserved on these materials and permission to copy them must be requested from the copyright owners (as indicated within these materials).
9. Outset takes no responsibility for the content of external internet websites. Following links to any other websites or pages shall be at your own risk and Outset shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damages resulting from the use of such other websites.
10. Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the website including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary information. Outset reserves the right to remove any such communication or material from the Website at its own discretion.
12. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
13. If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, the use of the website must be terminated immediately.